Juicy Couture has been crafting delicious and aromatic fragrances since 2007. These perfumes are well-known for their refreshing, fruity-floral scents and distinctive packaging, which often involves bows, tulle, and charms.
Our buying guide will help you navigate the boldly colorful world of Juicy Couture fragrances to find the perfume that fits you best. First, let’s explore our best-reviewed perfumes from the Juicy Couture line.
Juicy Couture Perfume Top Picks
- Most popular & best-selling perfume: Viva La Juicy
- Best smelling perfume: Viva La Juicy Rose
- Best perfume for women: I Am Juicy Couture
- Best perfume for men: Juicy Couture Dirty English
- Newest perfume: Viva La Juicy Pink Couture
There is a lot to know about Juicy Couture perfumes, so keep reading to learn more about each of the above Top Picks and five more.
Top List of 10 Best Juicy Couture Perfumes
Juicy Couture has been making fragrances for over a decade. By this point, they’ve made over forty perfumes. Here are the top 10 best reviewed Juicy Couture perfumes of this moment.
1. I Am Juicy Couture
This women’s fragrance was released in 2015, and has steadily gained fans ever since. It is distinctive and mature, making it the perfect choice for independent young professionals.
Upon the first spritz, I Am Juicy Couture releases top notes of tart raspberry, citrusy pomelo, and tropical passion fruit. Middle notes of gardenia, rose, heliotrope, and sweet pea provide a floral dimension. Base notes of woods, musk, and amber finish off the scent and give it a heady foundation.
This fragrance is very sweet, with moderate longevity and sillage. It’s highly recommended for crisp fall weather. I Am Juicy is particularly beautiful when paired with fall fashion like long jackets, wraparound scarves, and knee-high boots.
2. Viva La Juicy Rose
Viva La Juicy Rose, true to both the flower and the beverage that inspired its name, is a festive and sparkling women’s fragrance. It opens with clean and fruity top notes of pear, mandarin, and jasmine. Middle notes of rose, peony, and even more jasmine leave a floral touch on the skin. The whole fragrance is grounded by mellow base notes of musky ambroxan, creamy benzoin, and earthy orris root.
In terms of sillage, Viva La Juicy Rose is light and inoffensive. Its longevity is one of the best from the Viva La Juicy line and, potentially, Juicy Couture perfumes in general. Because of its expansive longevity, delicate sillage, and universally pleasing fruity floral fragrance, Viva La Juicy Rose is a perfect everyday perfume for wearing to the office and around town on your daily errands.
3. I Love Juicy Couture
I Love Juicy Couture is one of the best women’s perfumes in the fruity floral scent family. The first spray releases top notes of taffy apple, mandarin, and red currant, followed by floral middle notes of tiger lily, jasmine, and pink honeysuckle. Underlying base notes of musk, patchouli, and amber give I Love Juicy an earthy layer that’s uncommon in the Juicy Couture perfume catalog.
Because of these musky base notes, especially the patchouli, I Love Juicy Couture is better suited for cold weather. It has a moderate longevity and a strong sillage. Since I Love Juicy Couture envelops you in a cloud of scent and leaves a trail, it’s a perfect selection for date nights, job interviews, and other moments where a strong first impression is crucial.
4. Juicy Couture Dirty English
Dirty English is a trailblazer; it’s Juicy Couture’s first men’s fragrance. This alluring cologne opens with subtly spicy notes of cardamom, blue cypress, peppered mandarin, bergamot, and cumin. Woody scents of marjoram, sandalwood, and black leather accord make up the middle notes. The scent ends with base notes of agarwood, ebony, black moss, and amber musk.
This uniquely sexy cologne is ideal for everyday wear. Its moderate sillage instills confidence in the wearer without being overpowering, and its decently long longevity will last throughout the day. If you enjoy woody, spicy colognes and are searching for a new men’s fragrance for the office, this is the one.
5. Viva La Juicy Pink Couture
Viva La Juicy Pink Couture is a sugary confection in a perfume bottle. Top notes of cassis, water lily, watermelon, and quince start things off on a delightfully sweet and feminine note. Middle notes of jasmine, frangipani and strawberry, plus base notes of vanilla, sandalwood, praline, and driftwood, make the scent more dynamic and mature.
One especially lovely thing about Viva La Juicy Pink Couture is its sillage and longevity. Wearers report an average wear time of seven hours or more, so you’ll smell like a bouquet of fruit and flowers all day long. Because the scent can be so strong, this fragrance works best for outdoor activities, particularly in warmer weather.
6. Viva La Juicy Gold
With its gold-glazed bottle topped with a spray of black tulle, Viva La Juicy Gold is rich and luxurious from the inside out. This feminine perfume opens with cheery top notes of wild berries before descending into flowery middle notes of jasmine and honeysuckle. Sweet base notes of sandalwood, amber, vanilla, and caramel give the scent an irresistible gourmand edge.
Viva La Juicy Gold has a very light sillage, meaning the scent tends to stay close to the wearer. It also has shorter longevity; most women report wear times of under six hours. These factors, combined with its bakery goods-style sweetness, make Viva La Juicy Gold perfect for short nights out in cold weather.
7. Viva La Juicy Noir
Viva La Juicy Noir is a seductive, alluring women’s fragrance. It opens with a fruity splash of berries and mandarin, which give way to middle notes of honeysuckle, gardenia, and jasmine. Similar to Viva La Juicy Gold, this fragrance takes a final bow with base notes of amber, caramel, sandalwood, and vanilla.
Perhaps because of the similarity in their base notes, Viva La Juicy Noir matches its Gold counterpart in longevity and sillage. Since it has a stronger emphasis on florals with its notes of mandarin and honeysuckle, it’s great for wearing to events in the spring and summer. Why not get both, and wear one for the warmer seasons and one for colder seasons?
8. Viva La Juicy
This is one of Juicy Couture’s original house fragrances. It helped put Juicy Couture on the map as a perfumery in 2008. This feminine scent begins with fresh and zesty top notes of wild berry and orange. An array of white flowers, including honeysuckle, gardenia, and jasmine, compose the middle notes. True to form for Juicy Couture, the scent ends in sweet and creamy base notes of amber, caramel, praline, sandalwood, and vanilla.
Perhaps because it was one of Juicy Couture’s first perfumes, it isn’t the strongest in terms of longevity and sillage. But what it might lack in staying power, it makes up for with its charming fragrance. This scent is perfect for spring and summer days, and its subtlety makes it a perfect “signature scent” for everyday wear.
9. Viva La Juicy Glace
This is a fresh, crisp fragrance blend. True to its chilly name, Viva La Juicy Glace begins with top notes of frozen mandarin, frosted cassis, and pear sorbet. Middle notes of jasmine and orange blossom begin to warm things up, and base notes of vanilla, sandalwood, and amber finish the scent with a cozy and toasty glow.
Viva La Juicy Glace is one of the more fleeting scents from the Juicy Couture catalog. However, the universality of its fragrance more than makes up for this. The icier notes, such as the frozen mandarin and pear sorbet, refresh you in the summer. Meanwhile, the toastier notes like vanilla and amber add warmth and heartiness to the cold winter months. It’s a perfect fit for any season.
10. Juicy Couture Oui
Juicy Couture Oui is a distinctively summery perfume. Top notes of watermelon, acai berry, pear, and green tea open the fragrance with a fruity splash. These fresh and clean notes blend into middle notes of tuberose, jasmine, and honeysuckle. Assorted woodsy notes like amber, patchouli and vetiver create the fragrance’s musky base layer.
Most Oui fans report a wear time of around four hours. It’s also on the lighter side in terms of sillage. These factors and its delectable, tropical-esque scent, make it perfect for wearing to summer gatherings.
Choosing Your Juicy Couture Perfume
If you’re unsure which Juicy Couture perfume to choose, here are some helpful tips for finding one you’ll love.
- Decide whether you want a more “fruity” perfume, or a more “floral” perfume. Juicy Couture fragrances are famous for their emphasis on fruity and floral notes. When selecting a Juicy Couture perfume, think about whether you want to emphasize fruity notes or floral ones.
- Fruity notes have a fresh, sweet, and “clean” effect, and they blend well with non-fruity notes. Popular fruity notes include apple, berries, lemon, orange and pear. Perfumes like Juicy Couture Oui emphasize fruity notes over floral ones.
- Floral notes make a scent more feminine, dramatic, and natural. They tend to be more dominant in a fragrance blend. Popular floral notes include gardenia, jasmine, rose, sweet pea and ylang-ylang. Perfumes like I Am Juicy Couture emphasize floral notes over fruity ones.
- Examine the scent subgroups, and find the one that fits your taste. Perfume scents can be classified as more than just “fruity” or “floral.” For Juicy Couture specifically, your choice perfume will likely fall into one of these scent subgroups.
- Soft floral: Perfumes in this group have a softer, more “powdery” scent. Soft floral notes include cassis, freesia, and iris. The original Viva La Juicy is a delicious soft floral perfume.
- Floral oriental: Perfumes in this group have spicy notes that undercut the florals. Dirty English is an example of a floral oriental fragrance.
- Soft oriental: Soft oriental fragrances blend powdery floral notes with spice and incense. I Love Juicy Couture is a great choice if you love soft orientals.
- Oriental: Oriental perfumes are loaded with sweet, comforting notes like caramel and vanilla. If you love oriental scents, you’ll love fragrances like Viva La Juicy Gold.
- Citrus: Citrusy scents are bright and fresh. They often involve notes like bergamot, lemon, and mandarin. Fragrances like Viva La Juicy Glace and Viva La Juicy Rose are perfect for citrus fans.
- Consider the bottle’s aesthetics. Juicy Couture’s colorful, zany bottle designs are almost as distinctive as the fragrances themselves. But depending on your aesthetic preferences, you might want a more understated design for your perfume bottle. You’ll look at it every day, so make sure it’s something you like to look at.
- If you like more subtle designs, you’ll enjoy I Am Juicy Couture’s classically beautiful gold spray bottle. Dirty English, with its amber bottle and chain link-wrapped cap, is another great choice if you like simpler designs.
- If you like subtle designs with a dash of color, you have lots of options. Most Juicy Couture perfume bottles, especially in the Viva La Juicy line, are made of frosted glass with a silk, satin, or tulle bow on the top. Here are some more details on individual bottle designs.
- Viva La Juicy: Clear glass topped with a pink satin bow
- Viva La Juicy Gold: Gold-glazed glass topped with a black tulle bow
- Viva La Juicy Noir: Pink-glazed glass topped with a black satin bow
- Viva La Juicy Rose: Pink, glittery glass topped with a pink tulle bow
- Viva La Juicy Pink Couture: Pink-glazed glass topped with a pink satin bow
- If you like wild and crazy designs, you’re in luck Juicy Couture has brought the eye-popping patterns and bright colors that define their clothing to their fragrance bottles. Learn about the zaniest bottles Juicy has to offer below.
- Viva La Juicy Glace: Glittery white glass topped with fluffy pink fur, a pink satin bow, and a pink rose made of ribbon
- I Love Juicy Couture: Pink, gold, and black leopard-print glass topped with a rhinestone spray nozzle
- Juicy Couture Oui: Pink and red stacked cubes topped with a clear diamond cap
Frequently Asked Questions on Juicy Couture Perfumes
How much does Juicy Couture perfume cost?
Juicy Couture perfume can be surprisingly inexpensive, considering it’s an established designer brand. A new bottle of Juicy Couture fragrance typically costs around $70, although price can fluctuate depending on where you buy the perfume. If you’re hesitant to buy a full bottle at once, consider a smaller, lower-cost option like a rollerball or pocket spray.
Which Juicy Couture perfume smells the best?
That depends on what scents you enjoy. Juicy Couture is best for fans of fruity or floral scents. Fans of fruiter scents will enjoy best-sellers like Juicy Couture Oui or Viva La Juicy Rose. Floral fans will like popular fragrances such as the original Viva La Juicy or I Am Juicy Couture.
Who makes Juicy Couture perfume?
Juicy Couture is created by Pamela Skaist-Levy and Gela Taylor, and was obtained by Liz Claiborne in the early 2000s. They work with master perfumers such as Harry Fremont, Rodrigo Flores-Roux, and Dora Baghriche to create their beautiful scents.
Is Juicy Couture perfume good?
Yes! Juicy Couture makes some of the most distinctive fragrances on the market. Additionally, their gorgeous bottles will look amazing on any bathroom counter or vanity. You’re guaranteed to feel sexy, feminine, and beautiful with a Juicy Couture perfume.
Where is Juicy Couture perfume made?
Juicy Couture perfumes are crafted in Arleta, California, a suburb of Los Angeles. The wild, colorful, and crazy spirit of Los Angeles shows through in the bottles and packaging of these fragrances.
How many Juicy Couture perfumes are there?
Juicy Couture currently offers a staggering 42 different perfumes and colognes.
Is Juicy Couture perfume cruelty-free?
Juicy Couture fragrances are tested on animals. If animal testing is an important issue to you, you may want to pass on Juicy Couture perfumes.
The Story of Juicy Couture
Juicy Couture originates from the early 90s. Best friends and co-founders Gela Nash-Taylor and Pamela Skaist-Levy launched the line with an initial deposit of $200 and ambitions to create a snazzy and distinctive maternity line. This expanded to include T-shirts and, eventually, the athletic leisurewear that made Juicy famous.
In 2004, Nash-Taylor and Skaist-Levy sold the Juicy Couture label to Liz Claiborne. Two years later, Liz Claiborne oversaw the launch of the first Juicy Couture perfume.
From Clothes to the Nose
Juicy Couture’s first perfume, simply called Juicy Couture Eau de Parfum, was a fun and playful fragrance with notes of tuberose and marigold layered atop creamy notes of caramel and vanilla. The popularity of the fragrance led Juicy to produce the scent in other formats, including body lotion and travel-sized rollerballs and pocket sprays.
Inspired by the success of Juicy Couture Eau de Parfum, the designer brand began devoting more energy and creativity to new perfume lines.
Their first (and to date only) men’s cologne, Dirty English, hit the market in 2008. It was included in the Juicy Couture fragrance line. This line expanded to include the women’s fragrances I Am Juicy Couture in 2015 and I Love Juicy Couture in 2016.
Viva La Juicy, one of their most expansive and popular fragrance lines, began in 2008. New additions to the collection launched in these years:
- Viva La Juicy La Fleur in 2012
- Viva La Juicy Noir in 2013
- Viva La Juicy Gold and Viva La Juicy So Intense Lux in 2014
- Viva La Juicy Rose in 2015
- Viva La Juicy Sucre in 2016
- Viva La Juicy Glace and Viva La Juicy Soiree in 2017
- Viva La Juicy Bowdacious in 2019
- Viva La Juicy Pink in 2020
The luxurious Regal line began in 2014. To date, it includes these fragrances:
- Hollywood Royal since 2014
- Majestic Woods and Royal Rose since 2017
The jewel-toned, technicolor Rock the Rainbow line opened in 2017. This colorful collection currently includes the following fragrances.
- Rah Rah Rouge and Pretty in Purple, launched in 2017
- Bye Bye Blues and Oh So Orange, launched in 2018
- Palm Trees Please, launched in 2019
The newest perfume collection, Oui, joined the Juicy Couture line the following year. It currently includes these fragrances:
- Oui, launched in 2018
- Oui Glow, launched in 2019
We’ll go into more detail on each of these in the “Juicy Couture Fragrance Collections” section below.
Juicy Couture Fragrance Collections
- Dirty English: A sexy men’s cologne with notes of peppered mandarin, black leather accord, and ebony.
- I Am Juicy Couture: A sparkling scent with notes of gardenia, sweet pea, and musk.
- I Love Juicy Couture: A zesty, citrusy blend of mandarin, tiger lily, and taffy apple.
- Juicy Couture Classic: Juicy Couture’s first-ever fragrance – a tantalizing mix of tuberose, vanilla, and marigold.
- Oui: A fresh and fruity perfume with notes of watermelon, pear, and honeysuckle.
- Oui Glow: A clean and juicy blend of raspberry, white moss, and orange.
- Hollywood Royal: A star-powered scent with notes of apple, gardenia, and marshmallow.
- Majestic Woods: A mysterious and exotic perfume with notes of tonka, praline, and amber.
- Royal Rose: An oriental floral fragrance with notes of heliotrope, rose, and incense.
Rock the Rainbow
- Bye Bye Blues: A fresh, oceanic blend of watery notes, lemon, and delicate flowers.
- Oh So Orange: A bright and citrusy mix of orange, red berries, and orange flower.
- Palm Trees Please: A tropical perfume with notes of nectarine, ivy, and sandalwood.
- Pretty in Purple: A vivid and head-turning combination of rose, magnolia, and jasmine.
- Rah Rah Rouge: A beautifully blushing blend of peony, vanilla, and red plum.
Viva La Juicy
- Viva La Juicy: An exciting fruity-floral with notes of wild berry, honeysuckle, and gardenia.
- Viva La Juicy Bowdacious: A luxe scent with notes of honeydew, driftwood, and ginger.
- Viva La Juicy Glace: A frosty fragrance with notes of pear sorbet, vanilla, and frozen mandarin.
- Viva La Juicy Gold: A sweet and sugary perfume with notes of vanilla orchid, praline, and caramel.
- Viva La Juicy Pink: A girly and glamorous fragrance with notes of jasmine, sandalwood, and water lily.
- Viva La Juicy Noir: A rich and alluring blend of honeysuckle, sandalwood, and vanilla.
- Viva La Juicy Rose: A fresh and effervescent fragrance with notes of pear, peony, and rose.
- Viva La Juicy Soiree: A wild, attention-getting perfume with notes of kiwi, water lily, and mandarin.
- Viva La Juicy Sucre: A creamy confection with notes of almond cream, peach, and cacao.
As you can see, Juicy Couture is committed to creating fragrances that grab attention from the inside out. Whichever fragrance you choose, Juicy Couture will help you make a powerful impression wherever you go.